|Open to||:||Undergraduate or Graduate Level|
|Prerequisites||:||English Proficiency - Reading and Writing|
|Course Format||:||Individually Paced|
|Prerequisites||:||Typically for 1 year|
|Course Code||:||OSG- TESOL|
TESOL includes English language programs that occur in English-speaking countries.You will learn about the foundational principles of language acquisition and the basic techniques founded upon those principles. It will describe second or foreign language theories, and basic studies in second language acquisition and their pedagogical implications. It will elaborate upon basic design for lesson plans and provide access to professional resources.
- An Introduction to English Language Teaching
- English as an international language
- Form and function – lexical meaning: denotation, connotation, synonyms,antonyms, hyponyms, polysemes, homonyms
- Teaching Process, Role of Instructor & Learner
- Teaching Pronunciation, Phonetics & Phonology
- Teaching Grammar (Syntax)
- The importance of collocation – time and tense – presents – past tenses –futurity – conditionals and hypothetical meaning
- Teaching Vocabulary (Lexis)
- Teaching Reading, Speaking, Listening
- Communicative and Task-based Learning.
- Resources, materials, and digital Technologies
- Business English
- All units are assessed by examination or written assignments.
- To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria. Judgement that the learners have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by the Assessor.
- The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the judgement of the learners’ overall achievement has been arrived at.
STANDARD AND RECOGNITION'S
[ON SKY GLOBAL is an Accredited Training Provider of Training Accreditation & Certification Organization (TRACCERT - Agency registered with the government of Canada as Training Accreditation and Certification agency and a member of the AAAC Association of Accrediting Agencies of Canada)]
END OF COURSE REQUIREMENTS
In fulfillment of the course, students are required to take the final examination, as well as an end-of-course project or research paper.