|Open to||:||Undergraduate or Graduate Level|
|Prerequisites||: ||English Proficiency - Reading and Writing|
|Course Format||:||Individually Paced|
|Prerequisites||:||Typically for 1 year|
|Course Code||:||OSG- P & B|
This course is designed to educate students in the art of Baking and Pastry making. Students will learn the basics of mixing, shaping and baking for several baked goods including quick breads, cakes, pastry doughs, mousses, sauces, glazes, cookies, candies and other confectionary items. Plated desserts, international baked foods, chocolate work and decorated cakes are the main highlight of our course because these are high in demand skill areas so immediate job opportunities are available to our students after completion of this course. In addition, students will also get basic introduction of cake decorating techniques.
- Theory of Bakery & Bakery Fundamentals
- Basic Bread & International Breads
- Different Types of Pastries- Short Crust, Choux, Flaky (Pies, Tarts, Eclairs, Puff)
- Gateaux and Pastries
- Equipment and Utensils
- Basic Chocolate Making
- Popular Methods of Cake Decorating
- Working with Marzipan, Icing, Glaze & Filling choices
- Exotic Desserts
- Pastry Dough
- Hygiene and Sanitation
- Bakery Kitchen Management
- All units are assessed by examination or written assignments.
- To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria. Judgement that the learners have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by the Assessor.
- The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the judgement of the learners’ overall achievement has been arrived at.
STANDARD AND RECOGNITION'S
[ON SKY GLOBAL is an Accredited Training Provider of Training Accreditation & Certification Organization (TRACCERT - Agency registered with the government of Canada as Training Accreditation and Certification agency and a member of the AAAC Association of Accrediting Agencies of Canada)]
END OF COURSE REQUIREMENTS
In fulfillment of the course, students are required to take the final examination, as well as an end-of-course project or research paper.