|Open to||:||Undergraduate or Graduate Level|
|Prerequisites||: ||English Proficiency - Reading and Writing|
|Course Format||:||Individually Paced|
|Prerequisites||:||Typically 3 months|
Local government courses focus on public administration at the local (or municipal) level of government. Therefore, when you study a local government course, you will be introduced to various topics surrounding municipal administration. You will learn about a wide range of topics relating to public administration and management at the municipal level. This education will offers individuals with the practical skills and knowledge to accomplish tasks including a high level of autonomy and needing the application of important judgment in planning and determining the collection of equipment, roles and methods for themselves and others.
DETAILED COURSE INFORMATION
- Important concepts relating to local government
- Different modes of local government
- Public finance administration in the sphere of local government
- The history and evolution of local government
- The composition and structure of local government
- The duties, powers and functions of local government
- The Constitution and local government
- Conduct public educational presentations
- Manages finance within a budget
- Undertake business planning
- Provide team leadership
- Develop a marketing strategy
During the tutorials or seminars, a student will work on case studies and discuss new models of business.
This course requires a properly maintained computer with high-speed internet access and an up-to-date web browser (such as Chrome or Firefox). The student must be able to communicate with the instructor via email.
This course uses an asynchronous mode and students are provided with tiered video and self-guided learning modules. Live online interaction with the instructor can be arranged. The “on-site” classroom works on standard computers and instructor-led exercises, seminars, and workshops if applicable.
Most course lectures may be viewed on mobile devices, but in some cases, assignments and quizzes must be completed on a desktop or laptop computer.
END OF COURSE REQUIREMENTS
In fulfillment of the course, students are required to take the final examination, as well as an end-of-course project or research paper.