|Open to||:||Undergraduate or Graduate Level|
|Prerequisites||: ||English Proficiency - Reading and Writing|
|Course Format||:||Individually Paced|
|Prerequisites||:||Typically for 1 year|
Times have changed and now cakes of every shape and design have become the center of every celebration. Whether it is birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, or parties, decorative cakes have become a primary choice. This cake artistry course in its classic and modern form, is designed to provide you a solid foundation in this flourishing field of baking.Wanting to learn how to make designer cakes, 3D sculpted cakes , cake figurines and a lot more, this course has it all covered for you.
- Types of cakes: Foundation, Layering, Sponge
- Introduction to basic tools: Nozzles and Piping
- Cake baking processes: Torting, Filling and Crumb Coating
- Cake baking techniques: Color mixing, Cream whipping and Texturing
- Cake texturing using basic tools
- Cake designing: Fondant figurines, Fondant draping
- Cake decorating techniques: Bows, Ruffles, Flowers, 2D decors
- Covering and decorating a cake board
- All units are assessed by examination or written assignments.
achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to
demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet
the standards specified by all assessment criteria. Judgement that the
learners have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by
- The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the judgement of the learners’ overall achievement has been arrived at.
STANDARD AND RECOGNITION'S
[ON SKY GLOBAL is an Accredited Training
Provider of Training Accreditation & Certification Organization
(TRACCERT - Agency registered with the government of Canada as Training
Accreditation and Certification agency and a member of the AAAC
Association of Accrediting Agencies of Canada)]
END OF COURSE REQUIREMENTS
fulfillment of the course, students are required to take the final
examination, as well as an end-of-course project or research paper.